It’s been a while since I posted so I apologize , life just got busy I guess with my 30th birthday :S and our trip to California I have kind of fallen off…but here I am ready to share my dinner tonight!! It is currently in the oven and I can’t wait for it to finish!!
Here is an easy fish dinner….you can use anything for this…I used rainbow trout, but you could use sole, mahi mahi, halibut, salmon, etc…you can also switch out the fresh herbs for whatever you have on hand!
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 pounds of whatever fish fillets you prefer (I used rainbow trout)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (you could use rosemary or other if you like)
- In a nonstick skillet, saute leeks and garlic in oil until tender; set aside. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange basil in a single layer in dish; top with fish fillets. Sprinkle with salt. Top with leek mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes over fish. Thinly slice half of the lemon; place over the top. Squeeze juice from remaining lemon over all. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with thyme