As I have mentioned before I have a major sweet-tooth especially for chocolate. My absolute favorite chocolate is Cadbury…its just perfect! YUM! Specifically fruit & nut which I have had since I was a little kid since my papa always had some in the freezer.
I have been trying to cut down on chocolate or if I am going to have some reach for a healthier alternative which made me create these little nut clusters! These are only 3 ingredients and are a healthy alternative since they are made with all natural ingredients and are paleo!
Chocolate Almond Coconut Clusters:
ONLY 3 Ingredients:
1 cup dark chocolate chips (The darker the better for you) – You can also use bakers chocolate if you prefer
1 cup plain almonds
1/2 cup toasted shaved coconut (unsweetened)
1. Heat chocolate chips in the microwave for 40 seconds in a ceramic bowl. Take out and stir and heat for another 30 seconds until melted. Watch the chocolate during this since all microwaves are different and you do not want to overcook!
2. Cluster 3 almonds together on wax paper on top of a hard surface (baking tray or like)
3. Pour melted chocolate into a small ziplock back and cut off one of the bottom tips to use as a piping mechanism.
4. Cover all almonds with chocolate
4. Top the clusters with pieces of shaved coconut
5. Put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and then transfer to a Tupperware or zip-lock bag and keep in a cool dry place before enjoying!